A little over a week ago, I found the BEST garage sale to date this summer! There was a multifamily garage sale being held on the edge of town at someone’s barn. Usually I find older items that people don’t want anymore, but this garage sale was different-so many new and barely used items. Here are the items I scored!
As a follow up to my previous post ‘DIY Chalk Paint’, I thought I would write a post showing a step by step tutorial (and results) on painting an old TV stand and table with chalk paint. Step 1: Pick out … Continue reading
When I spent a semester in Italy, I packed my life into two suitcases (for four months), and I had to really think about what clothing to bring. I chose lightweight items that could be worn casually for attending class and traveling, as well as dressier for nights out to dinner and the clubs. This was where my frugal shopping for versatile clothing all began…
As a recent college graduate, I’ve gotten rid of a lot of my clothes and started purchasing clothing that can be worn for a variety of occasions. Whether it’s a night out out on the town or a day spent at the office, I want to be able to get multiple uses out of my clothing purchase(s).
The first time I wore this gorgeous blouse was for a night out with some friends. When I found this shirt, I was super excited because I envisioned wearing it with a pair of dress pants, as well as a pair of shorts such as those seen in the photos above. (Oh, and yes that is a real parrot I am holding. There is this guy who walks around downtown Milwaukee with his pet parrot, trying to hit on girls and buy them drinks. Yes, some bars do let him bring the parrot in! I so badly wanted to tell him that it’s not a puppy….)
- Ann Taylor maroon colored blouse bought from E-Collectique Runway Boutique–$12
- Silver snakeskin printed high waisted shorts purchased from TJ Maxx–$15
- Mossimo black zippered wedges bought from Target two years ago
- Gold stackable bracelets (similar to Alex and Ani brand bangles) bought on sale from Faye’s–$10
Not sure if it was just another Labor Day sale or if I just hit the jackpot (I’d like to say I hit the jackpot most likely) when I found these beauties! I haven’t bought new running/workout shoes in over a year and I really needed a new pair. I usually stick with Nike (well the past few years at least), but I wanted to go back to Asics for their support and comfort. Bright and bold colors for tennis shoes are HUGE right now!!
I knew there were a lot of Labor Day deals going on, so I thought I would venture out to the mall and stop in a few different stores. I started at Sports Authority and found a pair of Nikes I liked, but wasn’t sure that I LOVED them… I did find a pair of Asics that I loved, however, they didn’t have my size–as usual. (I have huge feet thanks to being tall). My final stop was Kohl’s, and I found this gorgeous pair of Asics for only $56.99! SUCH a good deal!
After spending hours decorating my graduation cap, I knew that I wanted to keep it in a safe place for memory’s sake and I had seen something like the photo above, while looking around on Pinterest and the internet one … Continue reading
Whenever we hear the term “little black dress” it’s usually associated with a tiny, sleek cocktail dress, but I beg to differ on the term with this gorgeous dress. I am always in search of items to add to my professional wardrobe, but it tends to be difficult for me to find a dress that works for me. Many professional dresses look too big, aren’t shaped well on my body, or are beyond my budget, so it’s like finding a needle in a haystack for me! (Same goes for pants because I am tall and have the longest legs). When I found this dress that fit me like a glove, I HAD to buy it!
As many of you know, I LOVE to thrift shop and find the best deals, especially at the Goodwill close to my hometown because I find the best stuff. Not sure if most people know this or not, but Target donates all of their unsold Clearance items to Goodwill! This was one of my favorite discoveries within the last year since they started doing this, I have bought plenty of outfits from Goodwill with the Target tags still attached (including this dress)! Talk about a BARGAIN!
- Mossimo black dress originally sold at Target, bought at Goodwill–$12
- Promod golden chain necklace purchased in Italy two years ago
- Mossimo black heels from Target–$30
One thing I learned in college is to “Dress for Success” whether it’s for a test, an interview, or meeting someone for the first time. If you dress for success, you are more likely to feel confident going into whatever it is you are doing that day. For me, I dressed like this for an interview and felt like I completely nailed it! (Still waiting to hear back about the job though, fingers crossed!)
This open-back tank is one of my favorite summer pieces which I purchased a couple of months ago, unfortunately I have only gotten to wear it once thus far. Open back tanks and shirts are HOT right now (even though the weather in WI is not…). This summer has been much colder than most and of course the nights I have the ability to go out with friends, are typically the nights that it’s been to chilly to wear!
There are many styles of hats that are trending right now, whether it’s the big floppy sun hat or the fedora, everyone is buying them (or wishing they did)! I personally have always thought that I look awful in hats, period. After my semester abroad two years ago, my thoughts completely changed! I found a wonderful (and cheap!) white fedora being sold on the island of Capri for 10Euro (closer to $15 USD). While I love this fedora, it is a cheaper hat, so I couldn’t pack it for the life of me and had to wear it because it dents easily (making it impossible to remove).
Two years later, I caved in a bought ANOTHER one. This time, I got a plain tan colored one thanks to my best friends who got me a Target giftcard for my birthday. It couldn’t have been better timing either (right before spring break)!
Now don’t get me wrong, fedoras (like every other hat) don’t look the best on everyone, but that’s only up to you to decide. I typically pair my fedora with a more casual chique outfit such as a flowy tank paired with shorts or jeans. You don’t want your shirt to be too much that it makes the hat look like a dumb accessory. Here are a few examples of how I wore my fedora, and the outfit details below!
- Forever21 trench coat jacket in tan, bought a few years ag0-$25
- Zara white shorts bought in Italy two years ago-$20
- Ann Taylor LOFT cropped sweater (under jacket), given as a gift
- Tan & silver TOM’s shoes bought two years ago-$45
- Large slate colored Longchamp bag, bought in Paris –$105
- Bershka brand coral button up blouse bought in Amsterdam two years ago-$15
- Bohemian tan and coral scarf bought at a vintage flea market in Italy-$5
- Forever21 striped tank bought a few years ago-$10
- White fedora bought from a street vendor in Capri, Italy-$15
- MANGO brand jeans bought in Rome, Italy-$15
- Black Flawld tank top bought from Faye’s Boutique on clearance last summer-$12
- Forever21 light blue button up shirt-$20
- Target tan colored fedora-$15
- Gold owl chain necklace bought on the streets in Barcelona
- Forever21 distressed high waisted shorts-$10
- Discovery brand black lace crop top-$7
Many people are wearing the ‘skater skirt’ this summer in various colors and patterns, and I chose the simple route with an all black skirt since it goes with everything! The nice thing about the skater skirt is that it can be worn more casually or dressy (like this photo). Summer has been a bit chilly in Wisconsin, and there haven’t been too many (or any..) nights that are super warm, so this outfit was perfectly comfortable for a night at Summerfest.
Only a month behind on this post, but hey, thought I would still post it! I spent my 4th of July at Bradford Beach during the day in Milwaukee, and the evening at Summerfest watching the Timeflies concert! I am usually at Culver Summer Camps during the 4th of July, so I don’t typically have the freedom to make my own plans to celebrate. This summer was different, and I loved it!
To the beach, I wore a simple crop top over my swimsuit with some high waisted shorts. Perfect outfit for the beach! Later that evening, I met up with some different friends and got a bit more dressed up for the concert!
- Victoria’s Secret white bikini tube top, given to me by a friend
- Forever 21 high waisted distressed jean shorts-$12
- Black GAP fringe sandals purchased a few years ago-$15
- Charlotte Russe sheer red blouse, borrowed from a friend
- Charlotte Russe white lace shorts- (bought last summer) $18
- Gold chain necklace from Kohl’s–$2
- The necklace was on clearance for $12 and I had $10 of Kohl’s cash, so it only cost me $2!
- Black vintage cross body bag- $3
- Bought from a garage sale, visit my older post!