Well, long time no talk… Seriously it’s been way too long since I have posted on this blog and I want to apologize! Life is a funny thing once you begin a full time job (especially when you move across … Continue reading
Cut out shoulder tops have raided the shopping racks this summer and become more popular than ever. I’ll admit that I started buying tops like this about two years ago before it became so popular, and my obsession has only grown since! I typically wear this style for a night out to the bars rather than casually, although, they do design sweaters and other shirts that are more casual to wear for any occasion.
There are many styles of hats that are trending right now, whether it’s the big floppy sun hat or the fedora, everyone is buying them (or wishing they did)! I personally have always thought that I look awful in hats, period. After my semester abroad two years ago, my thoughts completely changed! I found a wonderful (and cheap!) white fedora being sold on the island of Capri for 10Euro (closer to $15 USD). While I love this fedora, it is a cheaper hat, so I couldn’t pack it for the life of me and had to wear it because it dents easily (making it impossible to remove).
Two years later, I caved in a bought ANOTHER one. This time, I got a plain tan colored one thanks to my best friends who got me a Target giftcard for my birthday. It couldn’t have been better timing either (right before spring break)!
Now don’t get me wrong, fedoras (like every other hat) don’t look the best on everyone, but that’s only up to you to decide. I typically pair my fedora with a more casual chique outfit such as a flowy tank paired with shorts or jeans. You don’t want your shirt to be too much that it makes the hat look like a dumb accessory. Here are a few examples of how I wore my fedora, and the outfit details below!
- Forever21 trench coat jacket in tan, bought a few years ag0-$25
- Zara white shorts bought in Italy two years ago-$20
- Ann Taylor LOFT cropped sweater (under jacket), given as a gift
- Tan & silver TOM’s shoes bought two years ago-$45
- Large slate colored Longchamp bag, bought in Paris –$105
- Bershka brand coral button up blouse bought in Amsterdam two years ago-$15
- Bohemian tan and coral scarf bought at a vintage flea market in Italy-$5
- Forever21 striped tank bought a few years ago-$10
- White fedora bought from a street vendor in Capri, Italy-$15
- MANGO brand jeans bought in Rome, Italy-$15
- Black Flawld tank top bought from Faye’s Boutique on clearance last summer-$12
- Forever21 light blue button up shirt-$20
- Target tan colored fedora-$15
- Gold owl chain necklace bought on the streets in Barcelona
- Forever21 distressed high waisted shorts-$10
- Discovery brand black lace crop top-$7
So time for a quick break in my Pinterest and fashion posts, to ask for a little help from my followers, yes I’m talking to you! One of my family friends (that I have known my entire life) was recently engaged to her boyfriend who proudly serves our country in the Coast Guard.
Myranda and Sam have entered a contest to win a $20,000 dream wedding sponsored by Potowotami Casino in Milwaukee, and they made the top 5 finalists! What I need from you, is your help voting!
Please take a minute to vote for Myranda and Sam from Grafton, WI! You can vote once per day, and vote every day until July 9th! Please vote and share with your friends, family and social networks! You can also check out their love story on the link when you vote!
The contest and their story also made it onto the Morning blend in Milwaukee! Take a look at the video below!
I truly appreciate every vote, and I know they do as well! Thank you for following my blog and stay tuned for new posts every week! =)
I personally LOVE fresh fruit, so this recipe was a definite must for me! We have two apple trees in my backyard, and I wanted to find a yummy recipe that was not loaded with butter, carbs and unhealthy ingredients. … Continue reading