Halloween is approaching, and although I am a year late posting this, I felt it was appropriate to still post for this blog. As the years have gone by, I have realized how dumb it is to purchase costumes for themed parties and halloween when I can just pull things out of my closet to make my own! With some digging and ideas from the internet, I came up with this gypsy idea. I wore this costume my freshman year of college, and yes, I admit that I wore it again my senior year! I celebrated halloween 3 nights my senior year and didn’t have enough costumes, so I brushed off the dust and wore this again!
- Rachel Roy black dress with golden coin embellishments from Macy’s– (bought on clearance several years ago)$35
- Belly dancer hip scarf bought on Ebay-$10
- Madden Girl by Steve Madden ruffled bootie heels from DSW Shoes-(bought several years ago) $35
- Purple head scarf given to me by my grandma
The original pin can be seen here
Tips & Hints:
As the years have gone by, I have continued to think it is so stupid for people to pay over $50 for a stupid halloween costume which will probably only be worn once ever. I however, have turned to Pinterest the last two years to make my own costumes for cheap!
- I bought a cheap chiffon shirt from Goodwill and tied it at my waist
- I wore leggings and high boots which I already owned & a gold belt
- I used a red scarf on my head and tied it in a knot and pinned it in place with a bobbypin
- Used random accessories & added black eye shadow around my face to make a “dirty” look just like pirates!
Original Pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/152840981075704538/
Suggestions & Comments:
It was kind of hard to find yellow sports bras in October especially since all the neon ones were sold out at Target. Some of the girls ended up spray painting white bras, and we all spray painted our hats yellow too. We went to a local Goodwill and thrift shop to find our overalls for around $5, bought some black gloves, used nerd glasses and called it a day! Everyone loved seeing us run around as a pack of minions for Halloween!
I decided to be a ballerina for halloween and created my own Tutu! Here is the pin from my board that I found: http://pinterest.com/pin/152840981075268343/ MY RESULTS: Suggestions: -If making for an adult, measure the elastic around your waist, and make it … Continue reading