While I initially wanted to spell out a short quote or phrase in decorative wooden letters, I didn’t feel like spending a ton, so I decided to spell out ‘LOVE’ instead. I’ve worked with several DIY projects before where I’ve used wooden letters/items (Button Letter, Chevron Letters, Lilly Pulitzer Craft, Monogram Letter) and did this one on my own, rather than following Pinterest.
How to/Project Details:
- Gather your supplies-
- Wooden letters
- 2 sheets of scrapbook paper
- Mod podge
- Foam paint brush
- Purchase wooden letters in any size from a local craft store
- I bought mine from Michael’s with a coupon (originally $2.99 each)
- Flip your letters over so they are face down and trace the letter outline with a pencil (on the white side of your paper)
- Cut out paper letters and place them individually on top of the wooden letters
- Add a layer of mod podge to the wooden letter and place the cut out letter on top
- Smooth out bubbles carefully and let dry for about 20 minutes
- Repeat for each letter
- Once they are all thoroughly dry, add a layer of mod podge on top to seal the paper on the wooden letter.
- Note: You most likely will see the paper have bubbles, don’t try to smooth them out too much because it will rip the paper (let it dry on its own, should be fine)