There are many styles of hats that are trending right now, whether it’s the big floppy sun hat or the fedora, everyone is buying them (or wishing they did)! I personally have always thought that I look awful in hats, period. After my semester abroad two years ago, my thoughts completely changed! I found a wonderful (and cheap!) white fedora being sold on the island of Capri for 10Euro (closer to $15 USD). While I love this fedora, it is a cheaper hat, so I couldn’t pack it for the life of me and had to wear it because it dents easily (making it impossible to remove).
Two years later, I caved in a bought ANOTHER one. This time, I got a plain tan colored one thanks to my best friends who got me a Target giftcard for my birthday. It couldn’t have been better timing either (right before spring break)!
Now don’t get me wrong, fedoras (like every other hat) don’t look the best on everyone, but that’s only up to you to decide. I typically pair my fedora with a more casual chique outfit such as a flowy tank paired with shorts or jeans. You don’t want your shirt to be too much that it makes the hat look like a dumb accessory. Here are a few examples of how I wore my fedora, and the outfit details below!
- Forever21 trench coat jacket in tan, bought a few years ag0-$25
- Zara white shorts bought in Italy two years ago-$20
- Ann Taylor LOFT cropped sweater (under jacket), given as a gift
- Tan & silver TOM’s shoes bought two years ago-$45
- Large slate colored Longchamp bag, bought in Paris –$105
- Bershka brand coral button up blouse bought in Amsterdam two years ago-$15
- Bohemian tan and coral scarf bought at a vintage flea market in Italy-$5
- Forever21 striped tank bought a few years ago-$10
- White fedora bought from a street vendor in Capri, Italy-$15
- MANGO brand jeans bought in Rome, Italy-$15
- Black Flawld tank top bought from Faye’s Boutique on clearance last summer-$12
- Forever21 light blue button up shirt-$20
- Target tan colored fedora-$15
- Gold owl chain necklace bought on the streets in Barcelona
- Forever21 distressed high waisted shorts-$10
- Discovery brand black lace crop top-$7