Well this is a bit of a different post because I didn’t ever pin this project on my Pinterest page, but rather, I kind of came up with the idea myself after browsing the internet for vintage interior design & up-cycling furniture. I did find some posts on Pinterest to give you a general idea of what I found on the internet though…
I also found something similar at World Market that gave me some “Pin-speration”
I have a huge passion for photography and after spending a semester abroad in Florence, Italy, and taking several THOUSAND photos, I wanted to do something with them. I have a habit of taking photos but doing nothing with them except for in my photo classes in high school and Italy, so I thought this would be perfect!
What you need:
- Vintage frames — you can buy them from garage sales, Goodwill, thrift stores, etc. View my older post for info about where I found mine! All different sizes and colors!!
- Paint & Shoe polish (if you decide to paint them and/or distress them)–If you decide to paint them, view my vintage distressed frame project post
- Photos of your choice (you can do color, b&w, whatever you want!)
Project Information & Tips:
- I printed about 30 of my European photos all in black and white and measured all of my frames before printing them
- I printed them at home on my mom’s photo printer (I tend to get accused of illegally trying to print photos at Walgreens because they think a professional took them. I guess it’s a compliment as an photographer who just does it as a hobby!)
- I laid out the frames on the floor to get an idea of what I wanted it to look like
- I don’t have a job or new apartment to move into yet, so the layout seen above is just on my floor to get an idea of how I will want it (will post later when I do!)