So this past weekend was the kick off to strawberry season in Wisconsin, and my mom and I decided to jump on the bandwagon and enjoy the gorgeous day to go strawberry picking! There are quite a few farms in the Milwaukee area where you can pick from. Anyone from Wisconsin looking for a good place to pick? Just look on this website for locations and details!
With all of these strawberries, I had no idea what to do with them all other than head to Pinterest for some ideas! My mom made some strawberry pie and I made Strawberry Rhubarb Sangria, which I learned how to make last year and have made several times since I posted about it before (view the post & recipe link).
I froze a ton of them for smoothies, brought some into work, and still felt like they weren’t disappearing! So I made strawberry basil lemonade which I found on Pinterest with this recipe. SO AMAZING!
Tips & Hints:
- Instead of just throwing the basil leaves and strawberries into the lemonade mixture, I threw the basil and strawberries into my blender to create a puree
- The finished product was a bit sour for me, so I added more water to it!
- The taste of strawberry and basil combined is unimaginable, and so much better than I expected. In fact, I plan on making strawberry basil cupcakes tomorrow! (Stay tuned for that post!)
- Make sure you mix well and serve over ice!
- Stays good for several days too!