I always like to mix things up for my daily outfits that I wear to my internship. I know I learned a lot in my business classes about keeping bright colors to a minimum especially pants, but I believe once you have established yourself in the company, it’s good to let your personality shine a bit more through your outfits. Plus, my office is in a small conference room as we remodel our building, and not many people really see me anyways.
Today I decided to “brush off some dust” on some of my older clothes which have been neglected in recent years. You know, those items you never wear but still believe you’ll find a time to wear it so you hold onto it? Well, I’m glad I did because I found a great combination that I threw together in 5 minutes (literally 5 minutes… I was running a bit late).
- Willi Smith Salmon Colored Pants purchased from TJ Maxx (Bought a couple of years ago, and I think they were around $25)
- Gray Blouse purchased from a boutique called Gossip in my home town (Bought a few years ago for $15)
- Merona brand navy blue sweater given to me by a friend (Merona is one of Target’s clothing lines)
- Dexter brand striped ballet flats from DSW Shoes (Bought these way back in high school and never wore them much)
- Gold compass necklace given as a gift from my friend (she purchased it on Etsy)
Spring & Summer are the BEST times to whip out those BRIGHT, BOLD colored pants. If you don’t own any, go buy some now! You don’t have to spend a fortune. I highly recommend TJ Maxx, Kohl’s, or even your local Goodwill. Some great deals out there!