Here I go again with my monogram obsession, I told you it’s gotten bad! I made both of these as birthday gifts for two of my sorority sisters. This project is very similar to my other Lilly Pulitzer Craft as seen in one of my older posts.
Tips & Hints:
For these wooden letters (which you can buy at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby), I used scrap paper from my old Lilly Pulitzer planners. I cut the paper into pieces that would fit well onto the letters & some overlapped and hung off the edges, but I cut the edges after gluing it on.
- Once you have cut enough paper scraps to lay onto the wooden letter, lay them out on the letter how you want & begin gluing them on.
- Mod Podge is the best and easiest of glues to use
- Let the paper dry- you may see bubbles, just let them sit and eventually they will fall. If you try to smooth them out it will ruin the paper and rip it.
- Once your letter is fully dry (30 mins about), add 2 layers of mod podge on top to seal it.
- Once it’s all dry, add any other decorations you want!
- Project 1: I took a picture frame, inserted blue paper inside instead of a photo, and then glued the wooden letters onto the glass of the frame (with super glue)
- Project 2: I added pearls to the edges and attached a burlap bow to the top by stapling it onto the back